Skip to main content
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
10:00 am - 11:00 am: Keynote Presentation - Bill Crouch
Hear from the Secretary of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) and learn about what health issues are facing the state you live in.
11:00 am - 11:30 am: Lunch
11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Lunch Panel
Join our panel of experts and pick their brains with your questions.
- Bill Crouch - Secretary of the West Virginia DHHR
- (Tentative) Dr. Albert Berrebi - Assistant Vice President for Research and Professor of Otolaryngology at WVU Health Sciences Center
- (Tentative) Dr. Laura Gibson - Senior Associate Vice President for Research and Graduate Education at the WVU Health Science Center
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm: Grant Writing Workshop
- Anne Bolyard - Director of Research Administration for the West Virginia Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Valerie Lemasters - Senior Director for Research and Graduate Education at the WVU Health Sciences Center
1:45 pm - 2:30 pm : Advocacy Workshop
Interested in getting involved in the policy discussion? Now's you chance to learn how to effectively advocate to policy makers about the amazing work you do and the policy issues that you care about.
Registration is required for lunch and will be limited to 70 participants. Register using the navigation tabs above.
Scientific innovation drives the world forward, but the ways in which we
allocate funds and promote scientific understanding in United States
are intricate and ever changing. Join us for a series of events
exploring how politics and funding impacts health science in America.